Oil Testing Kit-(Oil patch Testing) is an onsite tool to determine quality and changes in oil conditions.
Oil Patch Testing Kit is an oil analysis equipment. Now a days, oil analysis is not just important for the oil and lubricant industry, but also used in other industries like automotive, aerospace, energy supply etc. Previous studies shows that nearly 80% of all machine failures are related to oil contamination.
This is like an engineer’s stethoscope that checks the pulse of the machine by visually analyzing the condition of machine oil.
A comparison chart with standard NAS/ISO levels gives a good approximation of oil cleanliness level.
You can minimize your downtime and maximize your uptime with oil contamination control.
Kit content-suitcase/bag, vacuum pump. With non-collapsible hose, conical flask, funnel, sintered glass membrane holder, clamp holder,500ml benzene bottle spare plastic bottle,0.8micron membrane filter paper 47 mm (100 pcs), forceps for handling membrane paper. Instructions card.
This kit enables the determination of the oil cleanliness level before and after its filtration. The contamination level can be clearly seen from the color of the oil patch created on the sub-micronic membrane produced by passing the oil through the membrane.
Oil Testing Kit Oil patch Testing test-steps:
- Clean glass/assembly with Benzene.
- Assemble the glass / Assembly over Filtering Flask
- Take 30 ml of Oil sample in graduated glass tube
- Add 30 ml Benzene in oil and stir for dilution
- Pore this diluted oil in the glass assembly
- Switch on the vacuum pump and wait for few seconds till the total quantity of oil sample passes through the membrane filter
- Switch off the vacuum pump
- Pick the membrane filter by using the picker only
- Paste this membrane (Patch) on test report using transparent tape
- Thus one patch of the oil sample is obtained. The number of patches to be obtained will depend upon the contamination level of the oil/rate of filtration.
- In order to determine the cleanliness of the oil, the color of the patches is compared. The patch at the beginning of the cleaning cycle will be brownish-yellow and tends to get lighter in subsequent patches. The oil is totally cleaned when you get the patch almost as same as the original membrane color filter color.
- The comparison of the patches can be done with naked eyes. To know the maximum size of the particle/contaminant, the patch can be observed under a Microscope.
Moisture/Bubbling Test Crackle test
Take about 10 cc oil sample(moisture tester with a spoon) and heat it. The presence of water or moisture is indicated by the cracking sound of water bubbles in the sample.
|Glass Porous Base||1|
|0.8 Micron Membrane Filter Paper||1Box(100Nos.)|
|Moisture Tester with Spoon||1|
Oil testing kits include their ability to quickly and accurately evaluate the quality of oil, their portability, and their ability to be used in a variety of settings. They can also help to identify potential problems with oil, such as contamination or degradation, that may lead to equipment failure or other issues.
Disadvantages include the need for skilled personnel to operate and interpret the results of the tests, and the cost of the equipment and the associated consumables. Additionally, oil testing kits may not be able to detect certain types of contamination or other issues with the oil.
In terms of maintenance, oil testing kits require regular calibration and cleaning to ensure accurate results. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintaining and calibrating the equipment. Additionally, it’s important to properly store the equipment and the consumables to avoid damage or contamination.
It is also important to note that oil testing kits should be used with appropriate safety measures in place. The equipment should be handled with care to prevent accidents or injuries, and all necessary precautions should be taken when working with flammable liquids such as oil.
In conclusion, oil testing kits are an important tool for evaluating the quality of oil in various industrial applications. They are typically efficient, accurate and can be used in a variety of settings. However, they also have certain disadvantages such as the need for skilled personnel to operate and interpret the results of the tests, and the cost of the equipment and the associated consumables. With proper maintenance, calibration and operation, oil testing kits can provide a reliable and efficient method of analyzing oil quality. It is important to consider factors such as cost, maintenance requirements, and safety measures when deciding whether an oil testing kit is the right choice for your specific application.
The tests included in an oil testing kit can vary depending on the specific application and the types of oil being tested. Some common tests that may be included are:
- Viscosity test, which measures the thickness of the oil and its ability to flow.
- Acidity test, which measures the level of acidity in the oil.
- Flash point test, which measures the temperature at which the oil will ignite.
- Pour point test, which measures the lowest temperature at which the oil will flow.
- Water content test, which measures the amount of water present in the oil.
- Solids content test, which measures the amount of particulate matter present in the oil.
We remove - Sludge, Water, Solid Particles From Hydraulic And Lube Oils
Destiny Oil Patch Testing Kit standout as the most reliable supplier & Manufacturer exporter of Oil Contamination Patch Test Kit Oil Testing and Checking Kits, Oil Testing Kit Oil patch Testing, Oil Patch Testing Kit Manufacturer from Gurgaon
Let's Make Something Great Together
Ask Me Anything About