Oil Testing kit is an onsite tool to determine quality and changes in oil conditions.
Oil Patch Testing Kit is an oil analysis equipment. Now a days, oil analysis is not just important for the oil and lubricant industry, but also used in other industries like automotive, aerospace, energy supply etc. Previous studies shows that nearly 80% of all machine failures are related to oil contamination.
This is like an engineer’s stethoscope that checks the pulse of the machine by visually analyzing the condition of machine oil.
A comparison chart with standard NAS/ISO levels gives a good approximation of oil cleanliness level.
You can minimize your downtime and maximize your uptime with oil contamination control.
CONTENTS OF OIL TESTING KIT
Kit content- suitcase/bag, vacuum pump.
With non-collapsible hose, conical flask, funnel, sintered glass membrane holder, clamp holder,500ml benzene bottle spare plastic bottle,0.8micron membrane filter paper 47mm(100 pcs), forceps for handling membrane paper. Instructions card.
OIL TESTING PROCEDURE
This kit enables the determination of the oil cleanliness level before and after its filtration. The contamination level can be clearly seen from the color of the oil patch created on the sub-micronic membrane produced by passing the oil through the membrane.
- Clean glass/assembly with Benzene.
- Assemble the glass / Assembly over Filtering Flask
- Take 30 ml of Oil sample in graduated glass tube
- Add 30 ml Benzene in oil and stir for dilution
- Pore this diluted oil in the glass assembly
- Switch on the vacuum pump and wait for few seconds till the total quantity of oil sample passes through the membrane filter
- Switch off the vacuum pump
- Pick the membrane filter by using the picker only
- Paste this membrane (Patch) on test report using transparent tape
- Thus one patch of the oil sample is obtained. The number of patches to be obtained will depend upon the contamination level of the oil/rate of filtration.
- In order to determine the cleanliness of the oil, the color of the patches is compared. The patch at the beginning of the cleaning cycle will be brownish-yellow and tends to get lighter in subsequent patches. The oil is totally cleaned when you get the patch almost as same as the original membrane color filter color.
- The comparison of the patches can be done with naked eyes. To know the maximum size of the particle/contaminant, the patch can be observed under a Microscope.
Checking the moisture content of the oil.
Moisture/Bubbling Test Crackle test
Take about 10 cc oil sample(moisture tester with a spoon) and heat it. The presence of water or moisture is indicated by the cracking sound of water bubbles in the sample.
|Glass Porous Base||1|
|0.8 Micron Membrane Filter Paper||1Box(100Nos.)|
|Moisture Tester with Spoon||1|
We remove - Sludge ,Water , solid particles from hydraulic and lubi oils
Let's make something great together
Are you ready to save money ? Ask me anything about oil testing kit